Useful information about the collection of cookies and other data
Personal data is any type of information that can be used to identify you as a person. Freetrailer Danmark ApS (“Freetrailer”) therefore encourages you to be careful with whom you share your personal data and to know the purposes for which your personal data will be used when shared with others.
Collection and processing of other people’s personal data is regulated by both the EU’s general data protection regulation and Danish national legislation. Freetrailer has taken the necessary measures to ensure that Freetrailer can comply with applicable legislation, so that we can offer you the necessary assurance that we process your personal data securely.
2. Data controller
When you submit your personal data to Freetrailer, Freetrailer will be considered the data controller in relation to the processing of your personal data. You can always contact Freetrailer if you have any questions or comments regarding our collection and processing of your personal data, or if you want to exercise your rights in relation to your personal data. We will answer your enquiry as soon as possible.
Our contact details are as follows:
Freetrailer Danmark ApS
CVR no. 27 62 66 61
Gladsaxe Møllevej 67-69
Tel. +45 88 537 700
3. Your rights
When Freetrailer receives and processes your personal data, you have certain rights. You have the right to contact us at any time in order to exercise one or more of your rights. You can contact us by ordinary letter, by email, by telephone or by physical appearance at our address, which is stated here. The only requirement is that you can properly identify yourself, so that we can be sure that we do not process your personal data on the basis of a request from a third party.
We will make sure to comply with your request without undue delay after your inquiry. If the complexity of your request results in a longer processing time, we will inform you without undue delay of the measures we take on the basis of your request and keep you updated on the processing of your request. However, under any circumstance, we will comply with your request as soon as possible after we receive it. The processing of your request to exercise your rights is, of course, free of charge for you.
Our communication with you in connection with processing your request will always take place in a concise and easy-to-understand manner and, generally, in the manner that you request, for example by using electronic communication (email).
When we process your personal data your rights include:
- You have the right to have confirmed whether we are processing your personal data as well as the right to access a copy of the personal data that we may process. You also have the right to receive information about the purposes of the processing of your personal data, the types of data we process, which data processors or types of data processors we may pass on your personal data to, and information about the period of time in which we expect to have to process your personal data. If we have to process personal data about you that we have collected from third parties, you are also entitled to receive all information about where the data in question comes from.
- You are also entitled to have your personal data transmitted directly to another data controller, if this is technically possible.
- If we transfer your personal data to a third country for processing, you also have the right to receive information about the necessary guarantees that the recipient of the information may have provided regarding the protection of your personal data.
- You also have the right to have your personal data corrected. This means that you will be able to request us to update and change your personal data if it is incorrect or incomplete.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data so that it no longer appears in our systems or records. Our agreement with you may be contingent on us being in possession of and having the right to process certain data about you. Erasure of your personal data would therefore mean that we can no longer offer you our services or products. However, this depends on the type of data that you may request us to delete. In some cases, we may be subject to a legal obligation under applicable law to keep a copy of your personal data. In these cases, we will be obliged to keep such a copy.
- You are also entitled to request us to limit the processing of your personal data, for example to only concern certain personal data or certain purposes.
- You are entitled to submit a complaint about our processing of your personal data to the Danish Data Protection Agency at any time. The Danish Data Protection Agency has the following contact details: The Danish Data Protection Agency, Borgergade 28, 5th floor, DK-1300 Copenhagen K, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. 33 19 32 00, fax 33 19 32 18.
- If we had to share your personal data with a third party for the purpose of processing it, we will notify any such third party that you exercised your rights, unless such notification proves to be unreasonably difficult.
Should we become aware of a change in your personal data that is being processed by us, we will contact you to obtain your consent for us to update your personal data in accordance with the changes. We only update your personal data with us if we have received your consent to do so or if applicable legislation otherwise permits or obliges us to make such an update. However, we will always inform you of all updates to your personal data with us.
4. Your personal data
Freetrailer only collects and processes your personal data for expressly stated purposes. These purposes are disclosed to you in an easy-to-understand, clear and unambiguous manner before you submit your personal data to us. The collected data will only be used for the stated purposes, and we will only process data necessary for the fulfilment of these purposes. Likewise, we only process the data for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes.
The overall purpose of our collection and processing of your personal data will always be to enable and facilitate delivery of the services or products that you indicate that you would like to receive from us. The more specific purposes for collecting and processing your personal data could be one or more of the following purposes:
- To be able to rent to you or otherwise make available to you one or more trailers/bikes at your request.
- To be able to provide any associated services that you may further request.
- To be able to optimise our services for you.
- To be able to send you relevant information in connection with your lease via email, telephone and text message.
- Providing you have actively consented to this, to send you newsletters, offers, invitations to Freetrailer events as well as questionnaire surveys, with the goal of improving the service that Freetrailer provides its customers.
The data that we may ask you for could include:
- Name, address, telephone number, CPR/civil registration no., email address, credit card information, driver’s license information, car registration number and geolocation in connection with rental.
We will be able to process your personal data in one or more of the following ways:
- Via Freetrailer’s website
- Via Freetrailer’s app
- Via Freetrail’s kiosk solution, which is physically located with our partners
It will be possible to collect your personal data in one or more of the following ways:
- Directly from you when you contact us regarding our services and products. Such inquiries can be submitted in writing (by ordinary letter), electronically (via email), digitally by entering data on our website or via our digital applications (apps/kiosk), by telephone or by physical appearance at our address.
- By receiving data from third parties that you may have instructed to pass on your data to us.
You are of course not obliged to submit your personal data to us. However, we may be subject to requirements in applicable legislation regarding the collection and processing of certain types of personal data from our customers. If you do not wish to transfer such personal data to us, we will unfortunately not be able to offer you our services or products in these specific cases. We hope you understand that this is only to comply with applicable legislation.
5. Legal basis for processing your personal data
Freetrailer only processes your personal data if we have the necessary authority to do so. For example, this could be because you have given your consent for us to process your personal data. It may also be that the processing is necessary to fulfil an agreement we have entered into with you or to take certain measures at your request before we enter into the agreement. For example, we will also be able to process your personal data if it is necessary to fulfil obligations which we may have in accordance with applicable legislation.
If our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, we will ask you to grant explicit consent to the processing before we process your personal data. Granted consent can be withdrawn at any time by notifying us, either in writing to the address specified by us (including electronic address) or verbally by calling the telephone number specified by us or by physical appearance at our address. However, a withdrawal of consent may mean that we will no longer be able to fulfil the purposes for which your personal data was collected and therefore be unable to offer you our continued services.
6. Collection of personal data when visiting our digital channels (Cookie)
When you have visited Freetrailer’s digital sales channels, we can collect the following information about you:
- The pages you have looked at and when (called your “electronic trail”), the internet browser you used and your IP address.
- Name, surname, address, telephone number, CPR/civil registration number, email, driving license number, car registration number, credit card information and geolocation in connection with rental.
- Possibly your username for the relevant device you used to visit our digital channels.
Freetrailer collects statistical information about visitors to our marketing website. This information does not make it possible to recognise or identify individual persons.
- We use the information mentioned above to see how you found our website and how you navigated within our marketing website.
- The mentioned data is only used in connection with the operation of our website and for the preparation of statistics, which among other things, can be used to improve the structure of our website.
7. Sensitive information
As a rule, Freetrailer does not collect and process sensitive personal data.
Personal data will be considered sensitive personal data if it relates to:
- Race or ethnic origin,
- political, religious or philosophical beliefs,
- trade union affiliations,
- genetic or biometric data,
- health information, or
- sexual relationships or sexual orientation.
Should receiving and processing sensitive personal data about you be necessary for the services we provide you, we will only receive and process such data after obtaining your express consent or in accordance with one of the other reasons expressly permitted by applicable law for processing that type of personal data. However, we will always ensure that, as soon as possible after receiving sensitive personal data, we obtain your consent for processing it. Any consent you grant for our processing of your sensitive personal data will always concern one or more specific purposes, of which you will be expressly made aware.
8. Use of data processors
Freetrailer will be able to pass on your personal data to third parties in order to fulfil agreements concluded with you. Likewise, some of your personal data may be passed on to third parties as a result of hosting and maintaining our website and IT systems.
Freetrailer only uses data processors that can provide the necessary guarantees regarding the implementation of measures that will be able to ensure the security of the personal data in question and the protection of your rights, and their processing of your personal data on our behalf will only take place in accordance with a written data processor agreement between Freetrailer and the respective data processor. Our data processors will be subject to appropriate confidentiality obligations and will only process your personal data following clear and documented instructions from us.
Freetrailer is in continuous dialogue with our data processors to ensure an appropriate and sufficient level of security in relation to the processing of your personal data, including with a view to preventing accidental and illegal destruction and loss of your personal data as well as changes in or unauthorised access to your personal data.
9. Transfer to third countries
Freetrailer will be able to use data processors in other countries for the processing of your personal data and thus transfer your personal data to such data processors. If the third country in question is not approved by the EU Commission as a so-called safe third country, a transfer of your personal data to the third country in question will generally only take place after obtaining your express consent to the transfer to the respective data processor or if transfer is necessary for the fulfilment of Freetrailer’s contractual obligations towards you or for the purpose of implementing measures that are taken at your request prior to the conclusion of the agreement with you.
Transfer of your personal data to third countries will only take place if the respective recipient of the data provides the necessary guarantees for the protection of your personal data.
10. Security measures
Both Freetrailer and Freetrailer’s data processors have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data, and Freetrailer stores your personal data in a safe and secure manner.
Freetrailer has also established internal procedures to ensure that only those employees of Freetrailer who have a need to know your personal data in connection with the fulfilment of the purposes for which the information was collected have access to the data in question. We impose the same requirements on our data processors in relation to their own employees. In addition, we have taken steps to ensure that persons with access to your personal data only process it in accordance with instructions from us.
Your personal data is not stored for longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the personal data in question has been collected.
11. Any breaches of personal data security
If, despite the technical and organisational measures that we have introduced together with our data processors to ensure the protection of your personal data, a breach of the security of your data should nonetheless occur, we will notify you without undue delay if the security breach in question poses a real risk to your rights. We will provide you with all relevant information about the security breach in question, about the consequences thereof to your data and about the measures we are taking to deal with the security breach and limit its potential harmful effects.
12. Ongoing protection